Sissoo spinach, also known as Brazilian spinach, Sambu or Samba lettuce, is a tropical edible ground cover of the genus Alternanthera used as a leaf vegetable. Although it is referred to scientifically as Alternanthera sissoo hort., there are no known scientific descriptions of its taxonomy.
The leaves are crunchy, slightly more so than the temperate climate spinach, and not slimy. Some cultivars are slightly bitter. They require steaming or boiling when eaten in large quantities because of the presence of oxalates. It is eaten alone as a green or added to other dishes as a spinach substitute. Reportedly, Brazilians usually eat it raw in salads with oil and or vinegar, tomato, and onion, although the literature recommends cooking it. Sissoo spinach can be added to quiches, pies, curries, dhals, pasta sauces, lasagna or added to dishes and stir-fries late in the cooking process as a spinach substitute and to add a nutty flavour.
Please note: we do not accept COD (Cash On Delivery). If you would like the seedlings delivered, cash payment is only available to those who pick-up. If you wish to combine delivery to your Growstore order (and have paid for delivery for that order), please select PICKUP after making online payment.
The Aerospring System
• 1 x 75 litre hexagonal water reservoir with lid and access port cover
• 1 x 12V/23W water pump with two spare impellers, metal shaft and rubber fittings
• 1 x Smart WiFi Timer plug
• 1m food-grade pump hose with quick-connect fittings
• Hexagonal sections (‘Hexmodules’) : 12 for Pro, 9 for Standard and 3 for Mini
• Threaded pipes (‘Hexpipes’) : 12 for Pro, 9 for Standard and 3 for Mini
• 1 x hexagonal shower lid, 1 x hexagonal shower lid cover
• 75mm white grow pots (36 for Pro, 27 for Standard, 9 for Mini)
• AOK36 Grodan rockwool cubes (28/36/9 cubes)
• 2 x 1l ‘Hexgrow’ mineral nutrient solution (Base compounds from Germany)
• 300ml measuring cup
• Assembly Manual
Urban Aeroponic Gardening
Aerospring Garden's patent-pending vertical edible garden is great for balconies and sunny areas indoors! Harvest your inner farmer and start cultivating your own herbs, vegetables and salads on your small balcony, terrace, garden or sunny spot in the house. Grow a little of your own, delight in the joys of gardening and eat the freshest produce you'll ever taste, right at your fingertips.