Basil and Italian cooking go hand in hand. Make pesto and jazz up any pasta dish or salad with this must have staple herb. We grow many varieties - but the Bolosso Napolitano is our favourite variety. Their leaves grow as big as your hand!
New varieties for 2020:
Fusarium-resistant Italian large-leaf type.
Lettuce Leaf Basil - Bolosso Napoletano
Thai Basil - O. basilicum var. thyrsiflora
Widely used throughout Southeast Asia, its flavor, described as anise- and licorice-like and slightly spicy, is more stable under high or extended cooking temperatures than that of sweet basil. Thai basil has small, narrow leaves, purple stems, and pink-purple flowers.
Spicy Globe Basil - Ocimum basilicum 'Spicy Globe'
Spicy Globe Basil has a distinctive spicy, clove and anise like flavour. It may be used just like any other basil for cooking but has especially good results with Thai and Italian dishes. The leaves are so small that there is no need to chop them up! Globe basil leaves also add a very distinctive taste to sauces and fruit desserts.
Pickup & Delivery starts at 12PM
Please note: we do not accept COD (Cash On Delivery). If you would like the seedlings delivered, cash payment is only available to those who pick-up. If you wish to combine delivery to your Growstore order (and have paid for delivery for that order), please select PICKUP after making online payment.
The Aerospring System
• 1 x 75 litre hexagonal water reservoir with lid and access port cover
• 1 x 12V/23W water pump with two spare impellers, metal shaft and rubber fittings
• 1 x Smart WiFi Timer plug
• 1m food-grade pump hose with quick-connect fittings
• Hexagonal sections (‘Hexmodules’) : 12 for Pro, 9 for Standard and 3 for Mini
• Threaded pipes (‘Hexpipes’) : 12 for Pro, 9 for Standard and 3 for Mini
• 1 x hexagonal shower lid, 1 x hexagonal shower lid cover
• 75mm white grow pots (36 for Pro, 27 for Standard, 9 for Mini)
• AOK36 Grodan rockwool cubes (28/36/9 cubes)
• 2 x 1l ‘Hexgrow’ mineral nutrient solution (Base compounds from Germany)
• 300ml measuring cup
• Assembly Manual
Urban Aeroponic Gardening
Aerospring Garden's patent-pending vertical edible garden is great for balconies and sunny areas indoors! Harvest your inner farmer and start cultivating your own herbs, vegetables and salads on your small balcony, terrace, garden or sunny spot in the house. Grow a little of your own, delight in the joys of gardening and eat the freshest produce you'll ever taste, right at your fingertips.