pH is a measure of acidity, which matters because nutrients are more or less available at different levels of acidity. That means you’ll need to find the sweet spot on the pH scale where all of the nutrients are available, and the plants are getting what they need.
When pH is not at the proper level the plant will lose its ability to absorb some of the essential elements required for healthy growth. For all plants there is a particular pH level that will produce optimum results. This pH level will vary from plant to plant, but in general most plants prefer a slightly acid growing environment (between 5.5-6.0), although most plants can still survive in an environment with a pH of between 5.0 and 7.5.
To regulate the pH up or down in your Aerospring, adjustment chemicals like phosphoric acid (to lower pH) and potassium hydroxide (to raise pH) are used. Both of these chemicals are food grade and relatively safe to use, but like all chemicals should be kept away from children and should never come in contact with the eyes. Our pH adjusters that are diluted to a 5% & 10% concentration that is safe and easy to use, each bottle is 250ml. Store out of the heat/sun and keep away from children.
The Aerospring System
• 1 x 75 litre hexagonal water reservoir with lid and access port cover
• 1 x 12V/23W water pump with two spare impellers, metal shaft and rubber fittings
• 1 x Smart WiFi Timer plug
• 1m food-grade pump hose with quick-connect fittings
• Hexagonal sections (‘Hexmodules’) : 12 for Pro, 9 for Standard and 3 for Mini
• Threaded pipes (‘Hexpipes’) : 12 for Pro, 9 for Standard and 3 for Mini
• 1 x hexagonal shower lid, 1 x hexagonal shower lid cover
• 75mm white grow pots (36 for Pro, 27 for Standard, 9 for Mini)
• AOK36 Grodan rockwool cubes (28/36/9 cubes)
• 2 x 1l ‘Hexgrow’ mineral nutrient solution (Base compounds from Germany)
• 300ml measuring cup
• Assembly Manual
Urban Aeroponic Gardening
Aerospring Garden's patent-pending vertical edible garden is great for balconies and sunny areas indoors! Harvest your inner farmer and start cultivating your own herbs, vegetables and salads on your small balcony, terrace, garden or sunny spot in the house. Grow a little of your own, delight in the joys of gardening and eat the freshest produce you'll ever taste, right at your fingertips.